Sunday, January 19, 2020

Galactic Love

there once was a time
when our orbits aligned
and I couldn’t help but bask
in your gravity 
as you glided by me
I was naturally attracted
I passed your atmosphere
almost near enough to extract it
grabbing at your mass
with my magnetic wind
trying to absorb it

as we pass my force yearns 
to pull you from your orbit
but of course
your momentum resists
but the reactions in our clouds admit
a tension exists between us 
if we could pull each other in
and make each other spin
just the right way
in a cosmic ballet
I could take you as my moon

on that last pass
I swooned through 
just out of reach
but close enough to feel your pull 
on my trajectory
shifting my inclination

what a celestial sensation
the relation of our
heavenly bodies
coming close to each other
brings 
since that time
we passed by
I tend to find
my space is full of nothing
each minute feels like eternity
as I anticipate the moment we
swing around the same sector
of the galaxy again

No comments:

Post a Comment